Octopus is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information to help identify you when using this website, you can be assured it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Your name and job title
- Contact information, including email address
- Information such as postcodes, and your preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We use this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- To improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- To send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting
- From time to time, to contact you for market research purposes.
- To customise the website according to your interests
We are committed to making sure your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic, or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor the pages you find useful and those you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. We cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information you provide while visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We link to sites purely on editorial merit. These will most often be free to access, but users may sometimes be asked to register or subscribe before viewing content.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email protected]
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. If you give us permission, we may use your personal information to send promotional information about third parties which you may find interesting.
You can request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write Octopus Investments, 33 Holborn London EC1N 2HT. If you believe any information we hold on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.